Why Forklift Battery Care matters during Lockdown or in December Holidays?
To improve forklift battery performance, safety, life & efficiency, we must follow the manufacturer’s guidelines and battery care instructions. See below checklist which will guide you to keep your electric forklift battery alive/safe during the pandemic lockdown/long period of no work.
Storing your Forklift Battery during Lockdown
- Lead acid forklift batteries must be stored in a charged condition. Ensure that all cells are topped up with battery water and cell plates are not exposed to air.
- During such periods, they should be stored in a clean, cool, dry and well ventilated location away from radiators, hot air ducts or other sources of heat, and protected from exposure to direct sunlight.
- Any leads should be disconnected or insulated to prevent accidental/self discharge.
- The top of the forklift battery must be protected from dust, foreign matter and moisture. Do not attempt to dismantle the forklift battery.
- If the ambient storage temperature is 40” degrees Celsius or higher, the specific gravity of the electrolyte should be checked at least monthly.
- A freshening charge is also recommended just before returning a forklift battery to service.