Forklifts are known as the most essential equipments for material handle industry. They will ensure safe and smoother material handling service for industrial requirement. This is the main reason; forklift operators need to know the exact safety hacks by which they can easily operate these much needed workhorse in the workplace.
- Appoint only well trained and qualified operators – Forklift safety entirely depends on the operators who are operating in workplace. They are responsible to carry out the operation smoothly. If they are immature or don’t have operational experience, it is possible, your operation will halt someday. Before hiring them, make sure that, they have passed necessary training. Experienced operators are best to hire for.
- Understanding the load bearing capacity of the vehicle – Almost all the forklifts have certain load bearing capacity. They can’t go beyond that. If they go, it will be an open invitation to the disaster. This is the main reason; you shouldn’t forget to take loads within capacity. No matter whether you have an ICE forklift or an electric forklift, it would be best to operate within weight capacity. It will always keep the operation safe.
- Don’t cross maximum operational speed – Almost all the forklifts have a limited operational speed. They need to be operated within this speed. If the operator exceeds this speed limit, chances are, he will face accident. Therefore, each and every operators need to operate within speed limitation.
- Keep the forklift update – For longer operational hours, forklift needs to be in right condition. Therefore, it would be great to check its functions and different crucial parts time to time. Professional forklift repair service expert will ensure, your machine is on right condition and it won’t face any kind of glitch after a long operation. Therefore, it would be great to call experts for this job.
- Mind your energy source – Forklifts are mainly operated with 3 energy sources. They are Diesel, LPG and electric. Before going to your workplace, make sure that, your forklift is full with these fuel. If it is electric forklift, that should be fully charged. If you’ll neglect these energy sources, you may not get anticipated operational result.
The importance of Battery Management System in Forklift fleet
- Inspect the tyres condition – We should always inspect the tyre conditions before every long hour operations, like tyre pressure, thread and any damage. And always avoid lifting heavy loads with weak or damaged tyres, even if; it is for a short operation hour. Solid forklift tyres are now top on popularity for their outstanding features. Replace the conventional tyres with these tyres and operate your forklift safely.
- Regular inspection of preinstalled FMS – In these days you get installed the forklift management system in every electric forklift. Mostly lithium powered forklift equipped with FMS or cloud BMS which is an inbuilt cloud-based tracking system installed in forklift for wirelessly track forklift movements & provides real-time fleet data.